Episode 75 started out with the news technology and transportation developments in Cote d’Ivoire, Tunisian elections, and more. Then, Sciences Po Professor Richard Banegas, this week’s guest, sat down with Rachel to discuss identity cards and citizenship.
Here are this week’s links to articles and items mentioned in this episode’s news brief:
- Read up on Cote d’Ivoire’s transporation advancements in an article by Leanne de Bassompierre and Baudelaire Mieu.
- Take a look at technology developments with third-party fact-checking programs on Facebook in partnership with independent organizations, PesaCheck and Dubawa.
- Listen to Kim’s review of Nanjala Nyabola’s book on Kenyan politics in the digital age.
- Take a look at an article by Nic Cheeseman on the spreading of fake news and its influence in Nigerian elections on WhatsApp.
- Check out an Aljazeera piece that discuss the election results in Tunisia.
- Read over Rached Ghannouchi’s journal article about the adaptation of Tunisia’s Ennahda Party over time.
- Parouse through a Monkey Cage article on Tunisian elections by Shawan Grewal.
- For more on the Twittersphere, check out Head of UN Delegation to Malawi Sandra Paesen’s tweet about a Malawi policeman stoned to death, while trying to quell protests.
- Carlene Edie writes in an article in African Development on the life of Dawda Jawara.
- Check out this crazy stunt reported on by Bukola Adebayo and Sally Hayden.